Instructions For Removing Stains From Corningware.
Welcome to LilacsNDreams Blog! Glad you found me, and are visiting with me today.
How many times have we all had this issue with some of these pieces? Whether it is our own corningware, or pieces we find while thrifting. I love corningware, pyrex. These items last forever if they are well maintained. But, Ewww! Them darn stubborn stains can collect over time if not properly cleaned after use. If not properly cleaned in a respectable time the stains can build also, and become more stubborn with cleaning.
Quite some time ago I had been roaming some of the blogs, reading them, and that is when I found instructions that were being shared by another blogger for cleaning corningware. So, I would like to note that these instructions are not from me, but I am passing them on from what I have found with another blogger who posted this.
Things That Are Needed:
Rubber Gloves, Newspaper, Oven Cleaner, Trash Bag, Dish Pan, 1/4 c. white
vinegar, 1 tsp. hand dishwashing soap, dish scrubber, kitchen towel
Got all the supplies listed above? Ok, now here are the instructions for the cleaning.
• Wear gloves and open windows in kitchen to keep fresh air, or turn on the ventilation fan
• Set corningware on the newspaper. Coat the corningware with the oven cleaner. Then place item into the trash bag, and seal the bag.
• Leave the sealed corningware over night. The oven cleaner will break down, and loosens the stains during this time. Makes it easier to remove.
• Next day take the bag outdoors. Remove the item from the bag, and set in a dish pan of hot water.
• Add the 1/4 c. of white vinegar and the 1 tsp. of dish soap to the water. Scrub the corningware with the dish scrubber to remove the stains loosened by the oven cleaner.
• Rinse the corningware well with some plain water. Make sure to remove ALL chemicals, and then dry with a clean kitchen towel.
Now you have some easy instructions for cleaning some of those stubbornly stained corningware pieces that need some help. Good luck to you with this cleaning. If you have any other methods that you have found to work for such cleaning, please share them with us. Always happy to hear from everyone, and enjoy learning more.
Thanks for visiting with LilacsNDreams. Wishing you all a great day, and be safe. Visit with LilacsNDreams again soon.
LilacsNDreams Store Blog